- New GPA Policy
- Representation in 27th Meeting of the Insurance Advisory Committee
- Representation in 26th Meeting of the Insurance Advisory Committee
- TRAINING PROGRAMME BY HARYANA CHAPTER ON 20-11-2015
- TRAINING PROGRAMME BY CENTRAL BENGAL UNIT UNDER WEST BENGAL CHAPTER
- TRAINING PROGRAMME AT BHIMTAL(NAINITAL) UNDER UTTARAKHAND CHAPTER
- TRAINING PROGRAMME BY INDORE UNIT UNDER M.P. CHAPTER
- TRAINING PROGRAMME BY KANPUR UNIT UNDER U.P. CHAPTER
- TRAINING PROGRAMME BY JOINT VENTURE OF IIISLA & III ON ENGINEERING INSURANCE
- Revised Notice - Online System for Licensing and Renewal
- NIA - Circular
- TRAINING PROGRAMME BY TAMIL NADU CHAPTER
- CHANGES IN EAST ZONE COUNCIL...
Survey profession mean those professional engaged by the Insurers at the time of settlement of claims lodged by their customer (insured). If we look back to the history of this profession we have to discuss the history of the Insurance Industry.
Who Can Join This Profession
As per Section 64UM (1) (D) of the Insurance Act, 1938, the eligibility criteria for joining this profession are as follows
How To Join This Profession
Every person who is an individual and intending to act as a surveyor and loss assessor in respect of general insurance business shall apply to the IRDA for grant of licence in FORM-IRDA-1-AF The IRDA shall, before granting licence, take into consideration all matters relating to the duties, responsibilities and functions of surveyor and loss assessor and satisfy itself that the applicant is a fit and proper person to be granted a licence. In particular and without prejudice to the foregoing, the IRDA shall satisfy itself that the applicant, in addition to submitting the application complete in all respects
Mission:"To empower and enrich the skill set of its members to perform their statutory role of Loss Assessors / Loss Adjusters, to ensure appropriate / adequate indemnity to the policy holder in case of an unfortunate occurrence of loss / damage due to accidents / perils; afforded / indemnified by the policy held; commensurate with the fiduciary obligation of an insurer assuming the risk covered by such policy held by the insured."
View President's Page